Valentine's day is almost here and CJ wanted to make Valentine cards for her friends. She was so specific that the card should have a heart. So we browsed and browsed. I found lot of DIY cute/fun cards on familyfun.com site but my little girl wanted something more. She said "Mommy why don't you think of something cool". So I was thinking and thinking. When I saw this beautiful bouquet card linked up at Mindful Meandering Artsy-Craftsy Challenge, I knew that would make an Ice cream cone heart. I had decided but waited for CJ. So when she came from School, I told her my idea and she was super-duper excited. We made a heart and folded it. The front page of the card(one lop of the heart) is Ice cream cone and when you open it you have a heart. It turned out pretty good!
Child Safe scissors
Smiley Sticker optional
- Using the template, Cut the Heart out of Brown construction paper, Ice cream scoops out of pink/blue and cream construction papers.
- Fold the Brown paper heart and glue the scopes of Ice cream on the front lop of the heart.
- Embellish with smiley sticker as cherry or use the template circle
- Decorate as you wish with glitters, markers. In the below card CJ just colored the pink paper for cherry top. I wrote "You're so cool"
- In the inside of the card(heart), write your valentine message. Cj belong to Busy bee class. So we drew a bee, flower and wrote "Bee my Friend"