My daughter and I made this Santa Claus from an Empty Juice can. I found this Juice can Santa idea in Artist woman blog. But I used Scraps of Old dress instead of felt cloths.
Materials Used:Old Red, Pink, White color dress
unusable ball ornament
Empty Juice can or any cylindrical container
White lace from an Old dress
- Cut a red color cloth into rectangle shape with height same as the container and width as long as to go around the container plus a inch extra. I had used some Old T-shirts of my daughter.
- Apply glue to the container and start sticking the cloth on. Overlap the last inch of the cloth onto the start.
- For the face, cut the light pink cloth into face shape. Apply glue on the face shape and stick them on the container.
- For the beard I used a lace from my daughter's old dress. Glue on the beard along the edge of the face.
- Cut two white oval shapes, two black circle shapes for the eyes, Glue it into place. Cut a mustache shape from white cloth, Glue it into place. Cut a triangular shape red cloth for nose and a semi-circle shape for the mouth, Glue it into place.
- For the hat, Cut the sector shape out of red cloth as shown below. The base of the sector shape should be long enough to go around the container
- Glue the radius of the sector as shown below.
Now decorate the Santa hat with white cloth and white pom-pom. As I have lots of this unusable ornaments I used that to decorate the hat.